Thursday, December 21, 2006

White Trash YARD Party


Since we decided we were too busy to make it to the Peach Bowl this year (and too poor), we're putting on what has now become a semi-annual event - a crawfish boil (or sometimes an oyster steam) with the game on the big screen. And by big screen, I don't mean a 40" LCD or Plasma TV. I'm talkin' 20 diagonal feet of High Def football, on a screen in the backyard, with 40 of somebody's (I don't have that many) closest friends. The guy I purchased the screen (tarp really) from specializes in custom sizes, but has admittedly THE WORST website in the world. He's had a bad run of luck with the cancer, so check him out if you need a tarp or screen.


White Trash folks eatin' mud bugs

This is our 5th year of throwing an event like this, so we've had a few practice runs. We've done some bowl games, and some away Dawgs games. This year should top them all.

I'll try to post a video on YouTube about the setup procedures, in the event someone wants to attempt this. Meanwhile, here's an almost-old-school pic I took of Brice Hunter from the 96 Peach Bowl, which I managed to attend.

Brice Hunter (RIP) - 96 Peach Bowl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home